Building built in the center of Amposta on a plot of land where rice dryers and a soap factory opened in 1917, designed by Francesc Ubach Trullàs. It has stained glass windows made by the British artist Bronson Shaw, a resident of Tortosa, who represents the fauna, flora and cultivation of rice in the Ebro Delta.
It is a weekly market that provides fresh products from our lands, which are part of the traditional Mediterranean cuisine, such as: fish, meat, vegetables, fruits, bread and sweets, etc. It caters to the supply and demand in retail for domestic consumption of agricultural and textile products.
In the early twentieth century, the establishment was a major movement of people and cars from the village and nearby towns.
It is a civil building with a rectangular floor plan, with an area of 1,550 m2, formed by the large market nave and two longitudinal porch along the two side walls. It occupies an entire island. It is about 20 m high, with sloping roofs staggered on two levels. On the main and rear façade there is a semicircular arched door crowned by a cantilevered cornice and two large windows.
The two entrances connect with the large nave through the lobby with an upper grandstand. Inside there are six rectangular rooms on each side wall. The roof is made of beams.
It is registered in the inventory of architectural heritage of Catalonia.