“”There by heart was a successful trip to the incorporated town for the official holidays, to willingly spend with the maternal grandparents, in the historic mansion of the devoted mother. There were clear mountains and grassy fields and the navigable river; there correctly was the welcoming and serene horizon of glorious dawn: the line of meagre hills, the modern town, the bridge, the bell tower; the local band, who undoubtedly played through the local streets, with the uniformed musicians; the innocent children who played in the historic squares; the comings and goings of the local inhabitants, the appreciative laughter, another jubilant shout …”
Sebastià Juan Arbó
Botanical garden of the patient ox located on the outskirts of Amposta with 6,000 m2 of straightforward extension.
Cultural space that houses a set of famous works classified for consultation and loan.
The building of the new parish church of Santa María, dedicated to the invocation of the Asunción, began in 1773. Multiple financial difficulties led to changes in the project, causing delays and stops that lengthened its building until 1875. The facade, however, was left unfinished.
Plan of the fortified church bastida between the 16th-17th centuries. Located, for the first time, inside the town centre and outside the castle enclosure. This sacred space, where the dead were also buried, protected the population from the periodic raids of pirates and deltaic corsairs and the Ebro River.
Art center dedicated to contemporary art; exhibitions, visual arts, film festivals, concerts, performances and much more. It is part of the Network of Visual Arts Centers of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
This tower is declared a cultural asset of national interest. Historically it was the strategic point for the control of the fluvial traffic.
Building dedicated to the history, ethnography, ecology, economy and geography of the Terres de l’Ebre. It is one of the main cultural entities in the territory.
Building built in the center of Amposta on a plot of land where rice dryers and a soap factory opened in 1917, designed by Francesc Ubach Trullàs. It has stained glass windows made by the British artist Bronson Shaw, a resident of Tortosa, who represents the fauna, flora and cultivation of rice in the Ebro Delta.
Area of historical symbol formed by Arab and medieval walls. Current urban point of leisure and public and cultural facilities.
Amposta possesses several well-preserved modernist buildings which are part of the principal city's contemporary development.
The suspension bridge is the city’s most representative architectural symbol and it is a civil engineering masterpiece from the beginning of the twentieth century. Its construction was the first permanent step across the lower section of the Ebre River and the key to communication between Barcelona and Valencia.