Applied to the content accessibility of the Internet is called web accessibility. On the Web, W3C has developed guidelines or specific guidelines to enable and secure this type of accessibility. The working group within W3C is in charge of promoting the WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative), preparing for it about Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 Web content, WCAG.
On the website of the Office of Tourism Amposta is intended that all persons having access to it, regardless of physical or technical knowledge about internet and web access to their content and services. It is intended as universal access possible to the web, this will work with the aim of adapting the entire web to the recommendations of the World Wide Web Consortium - W3C to remove barriers to access to information and communication. These recommendations are embodied in the Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG 1.0 Site.
The commitment of the Amposta Tourism Office is to meet the compliance level "Triple A" (AAA) as the European and Spanish laws (in law 34/2002) will require government
Measures have been taken for this purpose are:
- The images are displayed with descriptive text alternative to allow screen readers to interpret those who use such images.
- Simplified navigation system through trace route, known as "bread crumbs" navigation bar.
- Access via keyboard shortcuts to the main options.
- Ability to enhance and restore the default font size.
- Possibility of change of style for displaying content by High Contrast.
- Using the W3C standards, XHTML Strict, CSS 2.1 valid and accessibility guidelines for web content (WCAG level AAA).
- Compatibility with major browsers: Internet Explorer 6.0 and above, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari and it is recommended a minimum resolution of 1024x768 for optimal viewing
- Has been avoided as far as possible, use tables to organize the contents, replacing them in layers. In cases in which failed to prevent their use, has implemented the necessary code so that they can interpret correctly. Only tables have been used to specify page content.
At the top of the page are available to 3 features that are intended to improve the accessibility and user experience on the website:
- High Contrast:High Contrast option causes the information is displayed as the background color using the color black as white information, so they can more easily access the information people with vision problems. You can return to the original presentation by choosing "standard contrast.".
- View style: This option removes all style sheets to present a clean content and unobstructed viewing, which contains just text, pictures illustrating the text and hyperlinks. You can see the correct semantic construction and respect for the hierarchy of titles and content to facilitate access from devices that read information to the user. You can return to the original presentation by choosing "standard contrast".
Enhance and restore the size of the web view
- Zoom Enlarge:Hold down the Ctrl key and press the + symbol. Or, hold down the Ctrl key and sliding the mouse wheel up.
- Zoom out: Hold down the Ctrl key and press the minus sign -. Or, hold down the Ctrl key and sliding the mouse wheel down.
- Reset zoom: Hold down the Ctrl key and press the number zero 0.
To facilitate navigation through the keyboard, the following combinations are provided by way of keyboard shortcuts to access the main options of the site.
- Key 0: Accessibility Help
- Key 1: Home
- Key 2: News
- Key 3: Diary
- Key 4: Contact
- Key 5: Amposta
- Key 6: Map of the Ebro delta
- Key 7: Interest Telephones
- Key 8: Publications
- Key 9: Sitemap
- Key a: Where to stay?
- Key b: Where to eat?
- Key c: What to do?
- Key d: Where to buy?
- Key p: Print
Using keyboard depends on the browser. The most frequently used the following key combinations:
- Google Chrome. Hold down the Alt key and press the number or letter of the access key.
- Firefox 2.0+ (Windows). Hold down the Alt and Shift keys and press the number or letter of the access key.
- Firefox, Mozilla and Netscape 7+ (Mac OS X). Hold down the Ctrl key and press the number or letter of the access key.
- Safari (Windows). Hold down the Alt key and press the number or letter of the access key.
- Safari and Omniweb (Mac OS X). Hold down the Ctrl key and press the number or letter of the access key.
- Opera 8 and later (all platforms). Hold down the Shift and Escape keys and press the number or letter of the access key.
- Konqueror (Linux). Press and release the Ctrl key, then press the number or letter of the access key.
- Internet Explorer 6+ (Windows). Hold down the Alt key, press the number or letter of the access key, release both keys then press ENTER.
- Internet Explorer 6+ (Mac). Hold down the Ctrl key and press the number or letter of the access key.